Monday, August 16, 2010

The Oil-Cleansing Method

More and more I have become interested in making healthy decisions about what goes in and on my body.  I've come across a lot of websites that give ideas and tips on how to make your own beauty products and I have taken on a couple experiments that I never imagined I would do! 

The first experiment is using oil to wash my face.  Yes, I said OIL!  I came across this idea here.  I use 3 parts Sunflower Seed Oil and 1 part Castor Oil.  I have been amazed by the results!  I have combination skin and am prone to breakouts.  I have worked really hard to keep oil OFF my face, so the thought of rubbing oil directly on my skin didn't really appeal to me at first.  I read all the reviews and everyone seemed to love it, so I gave it a try.  Not only is it WAY less expensive than the Mary Kay Timewise skin care set I have been using religiously for 5 years, but it's all natural and I'm not putting any weird chemicals on my skin (which then get absorbed into my bloodstream) - AND it WORKS! 

This is the process: squirt a nickel size amount in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together to warm it up, massage the oil into my face (even on top of makeup!) for about a minute, place a hot washcloth over my face and let it stay there until it starts to get cool, rinse the washcloth and repeat 3-4 times to draw up the oil.  There is no need to wipe your face because the steam from the hot washcloth draws up all the extra oil, and no need for moisturizer.  My skin is so clear, soft, and actually less oily than before!  If you have oilier skin you might want a little more castor oil and if your skin is drier then try a little less. 

I've been using this for almost a week and have loved it so far!  I'll keep you updated on my results.

2 comments:

  1. wow, i think i'm going to try this. i have combination skin as well and tend to have break outs on my chin mostly. i also have very sensitive skin and have a hard time finding something that is gentle, but will clean my face well. i've been using a sensative skind face wash from oil of olay and like it ok, but i still have some break outs. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it! It is still working really well for me and I only wash my face at night now (which I never used to do!). Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete